Rules of the Pennsylvania Live Steamers
Following rules of proper behavior is not only common sense, but keeps
you and your family and guests from serious danger. Bad behavior threatens your
safety. We ask that you and those with you respect our rules.
Important! It is essential that non-members sign a waiver upon entering the property.
General Behavior Rules
Approved by the PLS Membership April 20, 2002
- All persons participate at their own risk. Safety is the responsibility of everyone.
You may be asked to leave the property if rules are not followed. Unsafe acts will not
be tolerated. Adults (members and guests) are responsible for the conduct of minors that
they bring to club property.
- Do not walk on ballast or tracks. Cross at brick or block walks.
- Never cross in front of a moving train. Wait until it passes.
- No running.
- Stay out of landscaped areas.
- Do not climb or descend embankments.
- Do not enter locomotive steaming bays. Hazards there include escaping steam, hot
- Do not walk on bridges or in tunnels.
- Pets are not permitted to run loose. Owners are responsible for cleanups.
- Do not touch locomotives or equipment.
- No climbing on trees, fences, caboose, or support equipment.
- No throwing of anything: stones, sticks, cans, etc.
- Do not place anything on the tracks: stones, sticks, pennies, etc.
- Proper footwear is required.